Facebook’s Monster IPO: 10 Interesting Stats
Facebook has filed for IPO
. It will likely be the largest IPO in Internet history.
Here are some quick things I’m noticing in the company’s SEC filing:
- Zynga accounts for 12% of Facebook’s revenue. Facebook needs Zynga just as much as Zynga needs Facebook.
- Zuckerberg owns a WHOPPING 533,801,850 shares — that’s 28.2% of the company. And because he controls 30.6% of the voting shares via proxy, he has full control over decisions.
- The next biggest shareholders: Accel Partners (11.4%), co-founder Dustin Moskovitz (7.6%), DST (5.4%) and Peter Thiel (2.5%).
- Sheryl Sandberg only owns 1.9 million shares. That’s barely a blip on the radar. Peter Thiel owns 22x that amount.
- Facebook has 2.7 BILLION likes and comments every single day. That is nearly a trillion interactions per year.
- 845 million monthly active users, 483 million of them are daily active users. Those numbers are up 38% and 48% from the year before respectively.
- $3.7 billion in revenue last year. In 2009, it was “just” $777 million in revenue.
- Facebook has $3.8 billion in cash on hand. That’s a big chunk of change
- 83% of Facebook’s revenue came from advertising. In 2010, that number was 90%
- Zuckerberg has a salary of $500k, while COO Sheryl Sandberg and CFO David Ebersman take in $300k.
I’ll add more as I find them.
This entry was posted in Business
. Bookmark the permalink