I probably have more than 150 apps on my phone. A ridiculous number, actually. It’s given some of my friends panic attacks just looking at all the red notification bubbles. But as former tech journalist, I’m compelled to try out every new product. And almost all of these products have promo codes. Want people to sign up for your app? Give your users promo codes — a discount for the referrer and a discount for the new user. It’s free money…sorta!
I realized a few weeks ago that I have literally dozens of these promo codes that I never do anything with. Free (sorta) money on the table. Better yet, a lot my friends and audience could benefit from these promo codes. So I decided to go through my phone and find every promo code I have, and put them in one place.
Looking for some new products to try? How about some discounts? I’ve got both of those for you! The list below are products and services I personally use and recommend. I list out the discounts and how to use them (or just link you directly to the discounts).
- HotelTonight: Speaking of hotels, I religiously use the HotelTonight app for my bookings — last-minute deals, but also now lets you book 90 days into the future! The app itself is a pleasure to use. For $25 off your first hotel booking, use BPARR as your promo code. You can get the app here.
- FoundersCard: A must have! Discounts on major airlines, hotels, and business services (like AT&T and Apple!). Use code FCBEN051 for $200 off your membership.
- Airbnb: Ok, I can’t talk about hotels without talking about Airbnb, the Y Combinator-backed startup that lets you stay in awesome homes and places around the world. Get your first $40 of booking credit free with this link.
- Getaround: Cars to drive, affordable and on-demand. Use my referral link to get $20 off.
- Lyft: I can’t believe you’d still use a taxi. Use code Ben2540 for $50 of rides on your account.
- Uber: Seriously, why do people use taxis? I’d be shocked if anyone in my network hasn’t signed up for Uber… but just in case, use either codes uberben or 3vd2b for free rides (new users only).
- BLADE: Blade lets you travel in style through helicopters and private jets. Use code BenP793 when you sign up for $100 off your first flight or helicopter ride.
- Gusto: Gusto is the payroll software Octane AI uses, and we love it! Super easy to run, super easy to manage. Get $200 in free payroll by using this link to sign up.
- DocSend: I rely on DocSend for managing document access and analytics! Use my referral link to get $15 off any DocSend plan.
- Dropbox: Dropbox’s storage services are ingrained in everything I do. Use my referral link to get 500MB of free storage.
- Breather: Breather lets you book office and conference rooms on-the-fly. Super useful if you’re visiting a new city and need a place to work, or need to host some clients! You also only pay for the amount of time you use the room. Get $45 in credits by using my code — F2YQ5E.
- FullContact: This is the contact app I rely on. It syncs my contacts from Gmail, iPhone, LinkedIn, and auto-updates them! It’s a must-have for any networker. Use ” target=”_blank”>my referral code NRM3W.
- Shyp: If you don’t like going to the UPS store to drop off presents, why not let someone else come over, pick up your packages, box them, and ship them for you? That’s what Shyp does. Use AWWGTES as your code at sign-up. Only in the San Francisco Bay are at the moment.
- Instacart: Never go to the grocery store again! Or at least when you don’t feel like it. Grocery delivery is life-changing. Get $10 off your first order with this link.
- Omni: Driving to and from storage is a pain. Omni picks your stuff up, catalogues it, and then sends it back to you when you need it! It’s changed the way I love. Use code E2 (or this link) for $25 free your first month!
- TaskRabbit TaskRabbit lets you book people to help you assemble furniture, clean your place, or even stand in line for you at the DMV. Use this link to get $20 off your first TaskRabbit!
- Audible You aren’t listening to audiobooks yet? Let’s fix that! Audible is the best if you haven’t used it. Get a free trial here.
- Skillshare Want to learn Photoshop, marketing, or woodworking? There’s a course for that on Skillshare! One membership fee gets you access to all classes. I suggest starting with the class I teach on Captivation Marketing!
- FlyCleaners Stop going to the laundromat! Get your laundry picked up, washed, folded, and delivered back to you in 24 hours! I use it. Download the app and get $20 off your first order with code BPARQ9NE
- Coinbase: If you’re thinking about getting into cryptocurrency — Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc. — no platform is better than Coinbase. Use this link to sign up and get $10 in Bitcoin after buying or selling $100 on Coinbase.
- Acorns: Ever wanted to make money automatically? Well, Acorns doesn’t quite do that, but it definitely has made me thousands of dollars. Acorns rounds up from small transactions and puts them in high-growth investment funds to multiply your money. You don’t have to do anything while you make money! Get $5 to kick things off with my invite code.
- American Express Platinum: This is one of the core cards I use every day for business — the Amex Platinum, which includes hundreds of dollars in perks (gold on SPG, airline credits, lounge access, etc.). Use this link to sign up and get 50,000 points free after spending $10k you first three months.
Want to have your product added to this list? Contact me.